“ORIGINAL COMPOSITION FOR BAND” GMBC INTERNATIONAL CONTEST
1) The “Original Composition for Band” international contest, promoted and organized by BAM International, is established in order to contribute to the enhancement of the wind orchestra for the timbral-coloristic and expressive qualities that are its own and with the intention of contributing to the constitution of a repertoire attentive to trends in contemporary music
2) The competition is open to pieces of free tendency and musical form, with or without instrumental and vocal soloists; the group may also include the choir and those instruments that do not fall within the form of the band, including electronic instruments.
3) The compositions chosen by the jury will receive respectively for the First Prize: 1,000.00 Swiss francs, three performances of the piece in the years 2022/2023, an editorial contract with BAM Music, printing of the score and promotion. For the Second Prize: 500.00 Swiss francs, two performances of the piece in the years 2022/2023, an editorial contract with BAM Music, printing of the score and promotion. For the Third Prize: 250.00 Swiss francs, a performance of the piece in the years 2022/2023, an editorial contract with BAM Music, printing of the score and promotion. The jury reserves the right to assign a ‘mention’ and to report other important compositions.
4) The compositions must be presented in full score. It will be possible to attach the performance made by computer and the piano reduction.
5) The works received will not be returned and will be kept in the competition archive.
6) Any publication and performance of the pieces that are part of the competition archive will take place in agreement with the composer and in accordance with the current rules on copyright.
7) The compositions must be received anonymously and without any sign or initials of recognition, but marked by a Motto together with a sealed envelope containing the Motto itself on the outside and inside: the title of the composition, the name of the author, your address, telephone / fax number, any e-mail address and a copy of the receipt for payment of the participation fee. The sealed envelope must also contain a declaration signed at the bottom by the author stating:
• to know the regulation and to accept it in all its parts;
• to be the sole author of the score;
• that the score in question is unpublished and never performed;
• that the score in question has not received prizes or recommendations in other competitions;
• that the author accepts the unquestionable judgment of the jury.
8) The compositions will be submitted to the judgment of an international jury which reserves the right not to award the prizes if it deems it necessary.
9) The compositions must be received no later than 09.30.2021 at 12:00 Geneva time at: GMBC c/o BAM International, 26 Rue du Grand Bureau, 1227 Les Acacias, Genève, Switzerland.
10) Competitors must pay a participation fee for each work presented, set at Euro 50.00. The payment will be made at Raiffeisen Bank to BAM International sàrl. IBAN Code: CH7780808002422693707 BIC / Swift Code: RAIFCH22XXX
11) The winners will be announced on 31.10.2021.
12) Participation in the competition implies the unconditional acceptance of this announcement as well as consent to the use of your personal data. For all matters not covered by these regulations, the regulations in force in the Swiss legislature apply. In the event of a dispute, the Court of Geneva will be competent.