1° GMBC “ORIGINAL COMPOSITION FOR BAND” INTERNATIONAL CONTEST
– GMBC “Original Composition for Band” Contest –
- The “Composition for Band” International Contest, is promoted and organized by BAM International, is established in order to contribute to the enhancement of the Wind Orchestra for the own timbral-coloristic and expressive qualities, with the intention of contributing to the constitution of a repertoire attentive to the trends of contemporary music.
- At the competition can participate pieces with free tendency and musical form, with or without instrumental and vocal soloists; the ensemble may also include a choir and/or instruments that are not considered within the traditional form of the band, including electronic instruments.
- The compositions selected by the jury will receive respectively for the First Prize: CHF 1,000.00 Swiss francs and three performances of the piece over the next two years. For the Second Prize: CHF 500.00 Swiss francs and two performances of the piece over the next two years. And for the Third Prize: CHF 250.00 Swiss francs and one performance of the piece over the next two years. The jury reserves the right to assign a ‘mention’ and to report other important compositions.
- The compositions must be presented in full score. It will be possible to attach a performance made by computer and the piano reduction.
- The works received will not be returned and will be kept in the Contest Archive.
- Any publication or performance of the works that are part of the Contest Archive will occur after an agreement with the composer and in accordance with current copyright and copyright laws.
- The compositions must be received anonymously and without any sign or initials of recognition, but marked by a Motto attached with a sealed envelope containing the Motto on the outside; and inside: the title of the composition, the name of the author, his address, the telephone/fax number, an e-mail address and a copy of the receipt of the payment of the participation fee. The sealed envelope must also contain a declaration signed at the bottom by the author stating:
• to know the regulations and to accept it in all its parts;
• to be the only author of the score;
• that the score in question is unedited and never performed;
• that the score in question has not received prizes or recommendations in other competitions;
• that the author accepts the unquestionable judgment of the Jury.
- The compositions will be exposed to the judgment of an international jury, which reserves the right not to assign the prizes if it deems it necessary.
- The compositions must be received no later than midnight Geneva time on May 31st, 2021. c/o: GMBC “Composition for Band” International Contest. 26 Rue du Grand Bureau, 1227 Les Acacias, Genève, CH.
- Competitors must pay a participation fee for each work presented, set at Euro 50,00. The payment will be made at the Raiffeisen Bank intestate to: BAM International sàrl. IBAN Code: CH7780808002422693707 BIC/Swift Code: RAIFCH22XXX
- Winners will be announced on June 30th, 2021.
- The participation in the competition implies the unconditional acceptance of this application as well as consent to the use of your personal data. For anything not covered by these regulations, the regulations in force in the Swiss legislature will apply. In the event of a dispute, the Court of Geneva will be competent.